Married to Popeye

2013-02-18 18.37.39 My husband will be home within the next two weeks but until he is on “terra firma” I won’t believe it. Being on a ship is similar to that song Hotel California, ‘you can check-out anytime you like, but you can never leave’. I think when they said ‘check-out’ they only meant mentally, after all, it was the 80’s and well, never mind.

Anyway, as glamorous as my life pretends to be, here is a snippet of our daily conversations while he’s away:

Him: Hi honey, what have you done today?
Me: Nothing much.
Him: Oh okay, I’ll call you tomorrow, love you, Ciao.
Me: Sure, love you too, Ciao.

Him: Hi babe, how are you?
Me: I just washed all the floors and now I’m tired.
Him: Why? I’m not coming home for another month yet.
Me: Hardy, har, har. Coco puked on the floor.
Him: Ok, I’ll call you tomorrow, Ciao.
Me: Ok, love you, Ciao.

Him: Hi babe, what’re you doing?
Me: I’m seething mad, Fastweb keeps calling me!
Him: Oh, well you should…
Me: (What I hear is…wah, wah, wah.) What I say is: Okay, sure, I’ll do that tomorrow when I’ve calmed down (NOT).

And so our married bliss goes…

Many people ask me if we Skype, to which I just burst out laughing. Skype? So he can see me roll my eyes from abroad? Nah…we’ll save that shit for when he comes home 🙂

Pirate

Oh, and one more thing. I did a kid’s lesson last week and we were supposed to be Pirates (way more fun than sailors if you ask me). But the little bastards refused to put their head scarfs on…*le sigh*. But here I am in the very yellow room which makes me look a bit seasick hahaha.

Would it be incredibly cheesy of me to link you to Styx “Come Sail Away”? I must be full of it then…here ya go!

This entry was posted in Teaching English, travel, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Married to Popeye

1. Haha, che bello questo post!
    Dai, che arriverà presto!
    E devo dire che tu sei molto più bella di Olivia 🙂 Bacio!

2. Allison says:

Leah,
    You are just too funny! I love reading your blog first thing in the morning with my tea and toast, and then choking with laughter as I read your blog. I loved the Styx you tube, it goes well at this time of the day.
    Keep blogging, you make me yearn for when I go back to Italy this summer.
    Have a great day!
    Allison

3. Allison says:

Perhaps, I could read my comments before I post it, so I would notice that I am repeating myself in the same sentence!!!! Arrrgh.
    Allison

4. Lin Hunnicutt says:

In the words of Styx, Come sail awy, come sail away, come sail away with me. Lin and Major lhsh@sc.rr.com

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not to thine own understandings. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

5. katecrimmins says:

Sounds like a normal conversation between spouses to me. Doesn’t matter whether you are in the same house or many miles apart, the dialogue is the same (including the eye rolls!).

6. Pecora Nera says:

Very funny, I love the pirate hat

7. Cyndy says:

You kill me! I’m sitting here giggling away – Shawn wants to know what is so funny – so I pass him the computer – Sharing the love, light and laughter of Leah!!!!!!!
    (ps – I like the link to Styx – don’t know how long it’s been since I heard that song)

8. “I’m sailing away, set an open course for my…”what??? What the hell does he say? Virgency? Is that the same as virginity? Cyndy, remember the fun we used to have with song lyrics, hahaha. 😉

9. Ohhhh, now I get it “Virgin Sea” thanks Google, I think I better put the Prosecco away.