I feel sick. Would it be very wrong of me to blame Mama?
Here’s the lowdown:
- I’ve been working six days a week this month in order to save for a trip to Ravenna (details on this adventure will follow in future posts).
- I also did the worst possible thing imaginable to any Italian Mama (and my husband too)…I went out with wet hair!
- Oh, and then there was the crappy non-nutritional Happy Meal at McDonald’s followed by an evening of cocktails and more burgers on Friday.
- Saturday I had a four-hour lesson and arrived at work at 8 am to prep which made it a 5 hour ordeal on what should have been a lazy weekend.
- Sunday arrived and I bought food, cleaned the house, did some ironing and carried my 5 kilo kitty to Mama’s for lunch. (did anyone feel that earthquake? I felt nothing, but am strangely reconsidering my current choice of country to reside in – Earthquakes were not in the BROCHURE!)
- On the menu was some very oily pasta with pesto and fried meat, fried eggplant and fried zucchini flowers (these are my favourite except that Mama put cheese and anchovy paste inside them and I didn’t know, Yuk!
- For desert there was a homemade key lime pie (not very Italian) and cherries (are these already in season?).
- Last night I woke up with an asthma attack and a tummy ache. Hmmm? What’s going on?
Today is Monday. The day started out with 15C and rain. I managed a 2 hour lesson with no problems. Lesson #2 cancelled, bonus! I got home and tried to nap…an hour before my last lesson of the day and I was shivering cold, ached all over and felt like I was going to throw up, yikes! Make a quick phone call and cancel. I’ve got a soccer game tonight, this shouldn’t be happening, make another phone call and cancel 😦 By the way, it was sunny and 25C this afternoon.
Obviously it would not be very fair to blame Mama although I secretly think she is trying to poison me. So, the moral of the story is this:
- Don’t go out with wet hair! Damn, I hate it when they’re right about these things. haha
- Don’t eat at McDonald’s EVER.
- Stay out of the pub of Friday nights when a 4 hour lesson is scheduled for the next morning no matter how much peer pressure is involved (it was actually my idea, hehe)
- Take my asthma medication routinely even if it means getting back out of bed when I have obviously forgotten and am burrowed under warm blankets.
- Stop working 6 days a week. Life’s short! I have NEVER been a workaholic and obviously it doesn’t suit me. But when you read my future posts about Ravenna I am hoping it will all be for a good cause so stay tuned.
And on that note, I’m going back to bed…Buonanotte amici xo