Cast your vote here

I’ve come to a bit of a crossroads with my blog and I want to share it with my readers.

As most of you know, Mama is real and I don’t make up any of the posts from my imagination! Every written word is true! I have tried to be somewhat secretive about Mama’s identity and will continue to do so in regards to her real name or where exactly she lives. I do this to protect her, although I doubt she needs much protection from me.

As I’ve taken my readers through our humorous lives together I hope that by now you may have even developed a “connection” with Mama and a “fondness” for her. As I may joke around, I truly do love this woman because she is pure and real right down to her painted red toe nails.

My crossroads is this:
I have just recently taken a few photographs of Mama with Coco and these photos would melt your heart! I want to share them with my readers but am not 100% sure if this is a good idea. The reason I think it would be a bad idea is that then she would be a face to an image that has been created in my readers eyes and I don’t want to break that image because I think it is part of the mystery of this blog…on the other hand, these photos are so sweet and warm and show her gentle and warmth outside of the random craziness that gets posted here.

So, I am putting it to a vote. If you would like to see these photos then send me a comment on the post stating yes or no and if you feel like it tell me why too. At the end of the week I will tally the results and post them along with the photos on Saturday if the vote is yes.

This entry was posted in Mama and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Cast your vote here

1. Enrico says:

I think everyone here is courios to see Mama and Coco… but i think the pics should stay framed in your house and shared only with your close ones… my vote is for NO then!

P.S. I think your posts on Mama are funny and they do show your love for her… no doubt about it!

2. Sabina says:

Mumble, mumble…it’s a bit hard to give an answer. Maybe I think that it’s better if mama remains a “mystery”, this is a part of her charme…on the other side, if you decide to show her photos, we will know her a little bit more. What is better? I don’t know!

3. See my reason for putting it to a vote now? It’s hard to say if it is a good idea or not…you have until Friday midnight to decide or you can remain neutral if you like, that’s okay too : )

4. suzie says:

Is it possible to post them cropped so you can’t really identify her? Making Coco the focus of the photo? I too love mama….

5. Hi Leah,

I would vote for no, although I would love to see these photos :))
    Since the theme “mamma” is so central in your blog, I would think good sense would be not to share them…unfortunately 🙂

Big hug

Rose

6. I vote no as well. I like Mama being a mystery! But you can continue to post cutesie pics of Coco!

7. major2007 says:

I think you should leave the pictures of mama as a mystery. It is quite obvious from even the stories you told me while on ship in September that you truly do love her and this just ads to her charm.

8. Bella says:

Although it would be quite a treat to see the beauty of Mamma’s photographs, I have to vote no to actually being able to witness them. I believe it is part of Mamma’s charm and mystery to remain “faceless.” In that way, each reader is prompted to use his or her imagination to conjure an image of Mamma based on your anecdotes of her. However, I agree with Affie, shots of Coco are a cute addition to your blog.

9. sabina says:

I decided and I agree with the others, I say no, I prefer if mama remains a mistery 😉

10. sharon bellows says:

I dont think you should… The way you write gives her life without sharing the pictures

11. Cyndy Preston says:

I want to see the cute pictures!! But I already know what Mama looks like so will you email them to me??!!!!!